With its hand-finished oiled leather exterior and sturdy wood-framed interior, the CALA clutch wallet is indisputably unique and a dream to use. This version of the CALA clutch wallet includes three card sleeves and a smart phone pocket. The combination of two materials renowned for their durability and longevity makes this clutch enjoyable to use for now and for years to come.
= THE DETAILS =
- Hand-finished full-grain oiled leather & cross-grain baltic birch plywood
- Sleeve cavity fits standard sized credit and ID cards, 3.375″ x 2.125″ [86mm x 54mm]
- Clutch outer dimensions: 7.75″ x 4.5″ [197mm x 114mm]
- Minimal, solid-color design, available in 10 colors
- 4 fastener colors available
- 1 phone pocket, interior dimensions: 3-3/8″ x 7-1/4″ x 3/8″ [86mm x 184mm x 9mm] >> PHONE DETAILS >> below
- 3 sleeves total, each holding 3-4 cards, 1/8 inch depth [3mm] >> PLEASE READ >> below
Product image shows brown leather and antique brass fastener.
= PHONE DETAILS =
The phone pocket is a generic sleeve which holds phones of the most common shapes & sizes rather than one particular phone. It is recommended to keep your phone inside its case when using. Shown for reference in photos: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with a Spigen case, fits snugly because of the case. Please message me if you have any questions or concerns about your phone fitting.
= PLEASE READ =
The CALA clutch card sleeves are designed to easily slide cards out with minimal friction. If there are too few cards in the sleeve, they may slide out on their own. Because the card sleeves have a rigid edge, it is not intended to be stretched to suit card thickness as in a traditional leather-only wallet, rather you should aim to fill the thickness of the sleeves with your cards. Please follow this guide:
- Raised digits as on a credit or debit card will take up more space. You can expect to fit:
- 3 cards with raised digits into one 1/8″ pocket
- 4 cards if all cards are smooth
- 4 or more if the cards are mixed thickness or very thin
- Keep in mind that you may need to pare down one or two cards to fit each sleeve.
- If you do not have enough cards for a desired thickness, consider filling the gap with a business card or folded bill.
- If you have any sizing questions, please send me a message. Note that I cannot create custom in-between thicknesses. Thickness is only available as shown.
- Please message me if you have any other custom wallet requirements.
>> Please allow 2-3 business days before shipment, as these wallets are made to order.
= LEATHER//TIMBER =
As an architect, I design my products like I design buildings: paying attention to details and quality materials. All of my leather//timber pieces begin as a big roll of unfinished vegetable tanned full-grain leather and a sheet of baltic birch plywood. I cut each piece out with a laser cutter, then clean them by hand. I prepare and assemble the wooden frames, then dye each piece of leather using my own blend of dyes, oil and burnish them by hand, then set the snaps. All this before I hand-stitch the pieces onto their wooden frames with durable waxed nylon thread.
I believe the materials we use in products should be respected for their unique inherent qualities, so I base my product designs around this concept. This simple approach delivers products with are true to their nature and are therefore resilient to time and use. I take pride in developing products that are faithful to their material strengths because when the products we use are happy, we are happy.
LEATHER // FIBER // TIMBER // BOULDER
elements of the earth // composed by hand
Handmade by Irene Estelle Miller in Lowell, Massachusetts