Add a personalized touch to any LEATHER//TIMBER item with a custom engraving. Made-to-order for yourself, your business, or as a gift.
= THE DETAILS =
- Customize any leather//timber item with a laser engraving of any graphic, word, phrase, name, monogram, or logo of your choice
- Size and placement of the engraving is completely up to you
- You can send me any high quality image files of your own, or I can create a graphic for you. See the EXAMPLE section below for more details.
- Engravings on the underside of the leather are also an option.
= EXAMPLE =
Let’s say you would like to have your name engraved into the wallet. You could either:
- send me an image of the name, typed in the font you have chosen
- send me an image of your own handwritten signature, or
- tell me what sort of font you would like to see the name typed in (i.e. cursive font, block lettering, etc.) and I will send you back a set of font and placement choices
= IMAGE SUGGESTIONS =
- Bi-color graphics work best (black & white). Full color and grayscale graphics will be dithered (see example).
- Please note that if you are choosing black leather with an engraving, the engraving will be more of a texture on the black and will not be highly visible. It is very subdued but still visible (see example). I recommend that you choose a color from the pastel category if you wish to see the engraving better. Engravings will be brown.
- You will be able to upload your image at checkout.
Feel free to directly message me with your project and I will help you work out the details.
= LEATHER//TIMBER =
As an architect, I design my products like I design buildings: paying attention to details and quality materials. All of my leather//timber pieces begin as a big roll of unfinished vegetable tanned full-grain leather and a sheet of baltic birch plywood. I cut each piece out with a laser cutter, then clean them by hand. I prepare and assemble the wooden frames, then dye each piece of leather using my own blend of dyes, oil and burnish them by hand, then set the snaps. All this before I hand-stitch the pieces onto their wooden frames with durable waxed nylon thread.
I believe the materials we use in products should be respected for their unique inherent qualities, so I base my product designs around this concept. This simple approach delivers products with are true to their nature and are therefore resilient to time and use. I take pride in developing products that are faithful to their material strengths because when the products we use are happy, we are happy.
LEATHER // FIBER // TIMBER // BOULDER
elements of the earth // composed by hand
Handmade by Irene Estelle Miller in Lowell, Massachusetts