Add an artistic flair to your leather item by adding an engraved motif!
= THE DETAILS =
- Select a plain leather product then add an engraving to it for $20
- 8 pre-selected engraving motifs or submit your own
- All leather//timber items can be engraved with any of these designs but scale will vary. Not all engravings can be shown in their entirety – placement is according to my discretion. See example photos for an idea of what your engraving may look like.
- Leather is available in 10 colors but please note that if you are choosing black leather with an engraving, the engraving will be more of a texture on the black and will not be highly visible. It is very subdued but still visible. I recommend that you choose a color from the pastel category if you wish to see the engraving better. Engravings will be brown.
This business card wallet features eight different engraving styles. See photos for examples.
- Wild Portulaca
- Cornus florida (Versions 1 and 2 are used for different layouts)
- Polypodium vulgare (Fern)
- Viperine (Snake)
- Deco Wheat Fan
- William Morris – Acanthus
- William Morris – Larkspur
- William Morris – Willow Boughs
= LEATHER//TIMBER =
As an architect, I design my products like I design buildings: paying attention to details and quality materials. All of my leather//timber pieces begin as a big roll of unfinished vegetable tanned full-grain leather and a sheet of baltic birch plywood. I cut each piece out with a laser cutter, then clean them by hand. I prepare and assemble the wooden frames, then dye each piece of leather using my own blend of dyes, oil and burnish them by hand, then set the snaps. All this before I hand-stitch the pieces onto their wooden frames with durable waxed nylon thread.
I believe the materials we use in products should be respected for their unique inherent qualities, so I base my product designs around this concept. This simple approach delivers products with are true to their nature and are therefore resilient to time and use. I take pride in developing products that are faithful to their material strengths because when the products we use are happy, we are happy.
LEATHER // FIBER // TIMBER // BOULDER
elements of the earth // composed by hand
Handmade by Irene Estelle Miller in Lowell, Massachusetts