An ideal pairing: leather and wood. The IVEN card sleeve was designed to maintain its shape so you can easily slide your credit and ID cards out with minimal friction and damage. As satisfying to hold in the hand as it is in the pocket. Constructed of a simple, smooth oiled leather exterior and a sturdy, rugged wooden frame. The combination of two materials renowned for their durability and longevity makes this sleeve enjoyable to use for now and for years to come.
= THE DETAILS =
– Hand-finished full-grain oiled leather & cross-grain baltic birch plywood
– Pocket cavity fits standard sized credit and ID cards, 3.375″ x 2.125″ [86mm x 54mm
– Wallet outer dimensions: 3.5″ x 2.5″ [89mm x 64mm]
– Available in three thicknesses to suit your needs: 1/8″, 1/4″, and 3/8″ [3mm, 6mm, 9mm] >> PLEASE READ >> below
– Minimal, solid-color design, available in 10 colors
>> Product image shows brown leather and 1/4″ thickness.
= PLEASE READ =
The IVEN card sleeve is designed to easily slide cards out with minimal friction. If there are too few cards in the sleeve, they may slide out on their own. Because the card sleeve has a rigid edge, it is not intended to be stretched to suit card thickness, rather you should aim to fill the thickness of the sleeve with your cards. Please follow this guide to determine the thickness you require.
– Each available thickness corresponds to 4 standard thickness credit or ID cards:
– 1/8″ = 4 cards
– 1/4″ = 8 cards
– 3/8″ = 12 cards
– You may use the number of cards as a guide, but you should also measure your stack of cards to be sure.
– Keep in mind that you may need to pare down one or two cards to fit the sleeve.
– If you do not have enough cards for a desired thickness, consider filling the gap with a business card or folded bill.
– If you have any sizing questions, please send me a message. Note that I cannot create custom half-size thicknesses (for 6 cards, for example). Thicknesses are only available as shown.
>> Please allow 2-3 business days before shipment, as these wallets are made to order.
= LEATHER//TIMBER =
As an architect, I design my products like I design buildings: paying attention to details and quality materials. All of my leather//timber pieces begin as a big roll of unfinished vegetable tanned full-grain leather and a sheet of baltic birch plywood. I cut each piece out with a laser cutter, then clean them by hand. I prepare and assemble the wooden frames, then dye each piece of leather using my own blend of dyes, oil and burnish them by hand, then set the snaps. All this before I hand-stitch the pieces onto their wooden frames with durable waxed nylon thread.
I believe the materials we use in products should be respected for their unique inherent qualities, so I base my product designs around this concept. This simple approach delivers products with are true to their nature and are therefore resilient to time and use. I take pride in developing products that are faithful to their material strengths because when the products we use are happy, we are happy.
LEATHER // FIBER // TIMBER // BOULDER
elements of the earth // composed by hand
Handmade by Irene Estelle Miller in Lowell, Massachusetts